Sunday, November 17, 2013

Weekend Wear: 31 Weeks Pregnant

I have had such a hard time accepting that I'm basically missing out on an entire season of fashion!  Maternity wear tends to stick with classic or basic styles, so it's hard to feel current in this fall season of style that I am loving!!! Plaid, fun hats, booties, oversized sweaters in great patterns like fair isle, jeweled collars, amazing statement coats- it's hard to keep up, especially considering the expense of getting all of those trends in your closet, only to have to be donated after the birth of your little one!!

So, my approach has been to invest in accessories that are on trend and layering pieces that I can wear past pregnancy.  I'm in LOVE with my new felt hat with feather trim.  I paired it with maternity denim, booties that I bought a few months ago via ASOS and this non maternity sweater that I purchased with the hat because it's basically the coziest thing I'v ever owned and will last me well past pregnancy.  Worth the investment!  And, for an extra layer of texture, I grabbed Pete's chambray since mine is officially too small! :(

I'm definitely drawn to a more bohemian style during pregnancy.  It may not be the most slimming look with all of its layers and draping, but it feels great, so whatevs!!  Wear what you feel best in.  

How do you incorporate current trends into your maternity wardrobe?




Have an amazing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment