Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Nursery Reveal: Sadie's Feminine and Colorful Space

I'm so, so excited to finally share these photos with you of Sadie's room!  Putting her nursery together was a process.  Since I'm never the gal to just go pick out a bedding or furniture set, it took some time to curate each individual piece.  While there are (of course!) pieces that I'd still like to add, I'm so happy with the creative feel of the space, balanced by a vintage femininity that's just a little whimsical.  By using gold as a neutral, I made the colorful palette feel a little more sophisticated.

My biggest challenge with this space was balance.  I found this AMAZING green vintage dresser from a local spot, RENEW'D.  They refinished this mid century dresser with a kelly green paint and it was ACTUALLY love at first sight, perfect amount of storage and perfect width to double as a changing table.  I had to have it and I had to rework the original nursery design around it.  So, inspired by that nursery design and the whimsical space I had initially considered, I set out to curate an eclectic mix of pieces to bring everything together.

My favorite pieces in the space are definitely the dresser and the rug.  I had to change my initial rug plan since it had been on backorder for FOREVER and it was potentially not going to be restocked until January...obviously, too late.  So, I found this rug from anthro and was kind of obsessed.  I love the neutral background that balances the colorful foreground.  If you've read my blog at all, you probably know I'm obsessed with all things Anthro, so it wasn't a hard sell.

Here's the tour.  I hope you enjoy!  

PS.  This little photo shoot convinced me I really need to invest in a new lens.  The small space was very difficult to get wide angle shots in, so please excuse the pieced together photography :)







^^Oh, hey guys!  Mirror shot!
















Thanks for checking out Sadie's room!!  I CANNOT wait to rock her sweet little self to sleep in her pretty nursery!

PS.  PROPS TO THE HUBBY FOR THE PAINTING AND FAUX PANELING!!!!!  (and for putting up with my multiple paint color changes and listening to my complaining about the expense of wallpaper :) )




11 comments:

  1. It's really funny…I was searching for nurseries on Pinterest when I came across a picture of your nursery with the tiniest part of your rug in it, which I totally recognized as the Bouvardia Crewel rug because I've been eyeing it for our nursery! So I clicked on the link and was so happy when I saw what you did with your nursery--it has the exact look that I'm going for. :) A couple of questions--how is the rug holding up? Would you recommend it? I also wanted to know how you like the gold dot crib sheets from Land of Nod? I've been eyeing those too, but I'd read another review of how the gold dots get duller after the first wash. They would go so perfectly with the curtains that I already have for the room, but $30 seems kind of pricey for a single crib sheet. Thanks!

    -Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sara! I'm so glad you liked our nursery! I actually REALLY love the rug even more in person! It is so, so soft! I was worried it wouldn't be since it's a flat weave, but it's incredibly cozy! It has only been vacuumed a couple of times since our girl was just born last week, but it seems to be doing well so far. Again, I've only washed the gold dot sheets once, but I didn't notice dulling at all. Maybe with a few more washes I will- I'll keep you updated if I notice some wear.

      Congrats on your little bundle of joy! And good luck in designing your nursery! :)

      Lauren

      Delete
  2. This is adorable! I love the way that green dresser / changing table looks against the pink walls. All the accessories are fantastic! What a stylish little space your Sadie will have! I want this as my bedroom and I'm in my 30s - it's an awesome space for a little lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sukey!! I did purchase a lot of the items thinking that one day, when she decides she doesn't want these pieces, I will gladly find space for them in my office! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Lauren! My name is Cameron and I was wondering if you'd be willing to answer a quick question I have about your blog. I can be reached at cvonstjames AT gmail DOT com - Thanks so much! Hope to hear from you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love her room beautiful, it's like a magical place :)

    Catherine Vargas
    Vintage Girls
    www.vindiebaby.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Catherine! Just checked out your site- I'm in love!!!! :)

      Delete
  5. Love this....what is the coral wall color please

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you please share the name of the coral wall color?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you mind sharing the color of the coral wall? Please

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! I love the red/pink combo. Kelly

    ReplyDelete