Friday, October 4, 2013

Just Peachy: An Easy Recipe for a Side of Deliciousness

I am not a cook.  I'm actually pretty horrible.  But, every now and then I come up with something that's pretty delish.  Pete makes fun of me because I can never stick to a recipe.  I prefer to look at several recipes of the same thing and then take it from there on my own.  Sometimes it's fabulous (as my take on root beer pulled pork was last week) and sometimes it's inedible (as my take on skinny chicken dumpling stew was).  I made this little gem to accompany some al fresco dining I pulled together for my mom's birthday and it was a hit!  So, I decided to bring it back as a side last night for our anniversary dinner.  We had three sides last night.  Three sides are only for fancy occasions. :)

These peaches can be served as a side with dinner, maybe inside a crepe for breakfast (I die for crepes.), or in a mini cup with graham cracker crumble at the bottom and topped with whipped cream for dessert.  Pretty versatile, right?

Here's the recipe...


2 cups sliced peaches (drained if canned)
1/3 cup white cooking wine
1 1/3 tsp. vanilla
Powdered Sugar for topping

This time, I had to use canned peaches since I went grocery shopping at Target and they didn't have any fresh.  Embarrassing, I know.  But, last time I made this I used fresh and it was amazing.

-So first, drain the peaches and put in a medium mixing bowl.  Pour the white cooking wine and vanilla over top.  Stir with wooden spoon.  Place in the fridge for a minimum of 15 minutes, but the longer you wait the better they get!!  Last night, I only had 15 minutes, but the first time I made them, I let them sit for a couple of hours.


^^They'll look a little soupy before you cook, but that's ok!  And, they'll smell a little strong, but that's OK too!

-After you take them from the fridge, just put them in a pot over medium high heat for about 20 minutes or until slightly browned.  They should soak in most of the liquid mixture.  Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon.


-Once they're done, serve under a little dusting of powdered sugar.  Powdered sugar is my fave.


^^^YUM.

These really are so tasty and so easy!  Hope you like! :)

And, have a great weekend!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment