Monday, September 30, 2013

A Fancy Weekend at 24 Weeks Pregnant

I had the lovely opportunity of spending the weekend with one of my good friends, Monika of Champane Picnic (how great is that name?!).  Check out her hilarious and oh so stylish blog here.  She's getting married next year, so I got to help her go start her search for a gown (with her absolutely lovely and incredibly gracious mom and sister!!).   Seriously, guys- you have no idea.  The gowns were GORGEOUS and she looked amazing in all of them.  There were lots of tears and lots of laughter.  Emotions were kind of all over the place in the absolutely best way possible!  Personally, I was super touched by how her mom and sister included me in the process.  It's easy to see where Monika gets her big heart and positive outlook on life.  The girl time really just felt like hanging out with the girls in my family- super relaxed, full of hilariously awkward moments, some unmatched wit and most of all, some real conversation that you leave just feeling encouraged by.  Good people are sometimes hard to find, so the day was really refreshing!!

After Pete and I attended her and her fiancé's beautiful engagement party on Saturday, we went out to dinner in Little Italy.  Of course, we had to stop for a few outfit shots!  Dressing for a cocktail party at 6 months pregnant was a little scary, but I was so happy to find this dress by HATCH.  I chose the silk option in oxblood, since I was in love with it and felt like this could almost serve as an LBD.  Classic, romantic lines, forgiving silhouette and super warm color-  I was in love! (Wait, I think I already said that...)  I paired it with a sequined blazer since the party was out on a terrace by the water and some gold and black studded t-straps for some edge.

Here are the photos!

^^^ My sexy husband and his "flocks".  Thats flowing + locks for those of you who don't speak Peterese.  This man of mine is cray.  It's the perfect kind of cray though.



^^^Not the most attractive photo, but this is actually how I look most of the time:  Mid- word and using my hands to talk.  I really just wanted to show you how the dress moved!!  It's the thing I love most about it.

Dress (I got it for a better deal than currently listed- keep an eye out!) // Shoes (old) by Sam Edelman, but similar // Blazer, old but similar

Dressing a 24 week old baby bump may seem daunting, but I'm now convinced it's doable with a little pre-planning! :)  Now, go get that dress!  I'm obsessed.  OBVIOUSLY.

No comments:

Post a Comment