Thursday, September 12, 2013

DIY: Graphic Stripe Painting

I've actually been having a lot of fun painting lately!  I'm definitely not very good at it, but it's fun being able to customize them to the individual color palettes within my house and finding the perfect place for them!  And, a couple of weeks ago, all canvases were 50% off at Joann's, so I picked up a couple and have just been waiting to get my hands on them.  Luckily for me, Jacob actually ASKED to paint this morning!

He painted the Ninja Turtles of course...






And, I decided to take on an idea that I had for one of the canvases I picked up.

Here's what you'll need...
-A Canvas
-Some tape:  I used scotch tape since I didn't have any painters tape.  Bad idea.  Get painters tape.
-Black Paint
-Gold Paint
-A Paint Brush

Super simple!!



 ^^First, gather your supplies!

^^Then, use tape to tape off your lines.  Use one horizontal stripe to anchor the design.  I prefer no vertical, but play with it!  It could work!


^^Use the black paint to paint all but one line.  Choose one line to paint gold instead. Let it dry a bit, then pull off the tape.

^^Yay for a new painting for my office space!  Can you tell I'm obsessed with stripes (ahem...blog header)

I would definitely suggest getting painters tape.  My scotch tape kept coming up, so several of my lines had bleeding paint:(  Oh well!  I still love it!  :)  And, here's the preview of my new little office corner in my formal living room.  I'm working on refinishing my desk and bookcase, so I'll post a little tour as soon as that's done.  Here's a sneak peek! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment