Monday, September 16, 2013

Office Refurb on the Cheap: Ikea Vittsjo Hack

Since I've been staying home and working a little on the side, I've really wanted to create a small space in the corner of my formal living room (my favorite room in the house!) that would inspire me and help me to feel like I'm doing more than emailing from my couch.  But, I definitely knew I didn't want to spend a whole lot of money on these efforts.  When I found the VITTSJO desk and bookcase, I knew they were the perfect size and look for the gold office space I was envisioning.  All I'd need is some gold spray paint!!

So, yesterday, my hubby was kind enough to help me spray these pieces with Rust-Oleum Gold Metallic Spray Paint.  Both the desk and bookcase were sprayed with about 2 and a half cans total.  That stuff definitely goes faster than you think!  No primer needed on these pieces!

Best Part?  The desk, shelving unit and spray paint came in around $90.  And, while I did purchase a few containers for storage from Target, I was able to style both pieces with things I already had around the house.  Now I just need a chair!!






So, there it is!!  I'm still playing with the gallery wall and I need a chair, but I'm definitely happy with the direction it's going!  I love how feminine and glam the gold feels.  Not bad for $90! :)

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Can you come and style/decorate my house?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, absolutely!!! I love helping people decorate their spaces :)

    ReplyDelete